Marketing strategy was once a locked into marketing plans and powerpoints at the start of each year.
These days are long gone!
Marketing strategy is can now be AB tested and improved in the same way as headlines and ad imagery. It should be a constant work in progress as we learn and improve our approach.
But a flexible strategy means an even greater importance on communication and clarity.
In episode 12 of the Tech Marketer Podcast, Frans Riemersma, founder of Boardview shares how take an Agile approach to strategy. He explains how Boardview, a marketing software company, has iterated and tested their own marketing strategy.
Episode highlights include:
- Common goal-setting mistakes marketers make
- How to align marketing goals with company strategy
- Why 80% of your strategy is wrong, and what to do about it
- Putting marketing in the driving seat for company strategy
Listen to the full episode below or on iTunes:
If you prefer to read, the interview is also captured in this blog post!
- Full episode notes
- Boardview blog
- How we crafted our marketing strategy as a startup and boosted results
- How to take your marketing game from ‘order taker’ to deal maker
- Goal setting – how to avoid 5 common mistakes
If you enjoy the episode we’d love a recommendation! It would mean the world thank you 🙂