The latest need-to-know news for digital marketers.
This week’s Tech Marketer Podcast is co-hosted by Digital and marketing expert Nicola Cloherty. Nicola has over ten years experience working in NZ, UK, USA and Spain. I first meet Nicola while she was the Marketing and Communications Manager of Flick Electric, a start-up shaking up the NZ power industry and achieving massive growth. We used to have geeky lunches to discuss the latest and greatest in marketing, but as she’s recently relocated to Amsterdam, so we’re chatting long distance and sharing our thoughts with you!
In this episode we cover the marketing news you need to know including:
- Pokemon Go – the augmented reality game that has taken the US, Australia and NZ by storm and in just a week had more downloads than Tinder and more active users than Twitter. We discuss the key learnings for marketers from this nostalgic app phenomena.
- Snapchat Memories – Snapchat is rolling out their new Memories feature which allows you to store an album of snap and send delayed snaps from existing content. Does this mean the end of the thermal, authentic content we love about Snapchat? We discuss the opportunities does Memories opens for marketers.
- Facebook Live – live streaming hit the media in a big way recently with breaking news from the congress sit in, to the Castilo shooting aftermath and Prince Harry’s HIV test all stream through Facebook Live. We look at the implications of live streaming for marketers and how Facebook’s product stacks up against Twitter’s Periscope and Snapchat
Check it out here or on iTunes:
Helpful links mentioned in this episode:
- Pokemon Go – stats on adoption, effect on foot traffic, Wellingtonians go kayaking to secure Pokemon gyms
- Snapchat Memories company release
- Instagram love: Socality Barbie and How to Instagram
- Facebook Live: Castile shooting, Prince Harry HIV test, US Congress sit in
- Facebook pays $50M to fund FB Live content
- Rabbut – easy email sign up forms
- Prisma – iOS app for photo filtering
- How Prisma actually works (using AI and machine learning)
You can also listen to the Tech Marketer Podcast on iTunes. Please subscribe and give us a recommendation if you’re enjoying the show, it helps others find the show in iTunes!