In this week’s podcast, I have a chat to Serge Van Dam about sales and marketing for NZ tech companies.
I first meet Serge as an advisor to SilverStripe with NZTE. Serge focuses on helping tech companies execute on high growth plans. As well as his work at NZTE helping NZ companies grow internationally, he is also a Director at Common Ledger, on the boards of Montoux and Showcase Workshop and Chairman of the boards of Coachseek and Wipster.
In this interview we discuss:
- The importance of collaboration across tech companies
- Openness and transparency in the NZ tech industry
- Keeping up with the pace of change in marketing
- How our authentic Kiwi culture helps content marketing
- Creating content marketing sub-brands
- And marketing accountability leading to more marketers at board level
Take a listen to hear Serge’s wisdom, or subscribe on iTunes.
Helpful links mentioned in this episode:
- Get of the grass -Shaun Hendy and Paul Callaghan take a quantitative look at how innovation works both in New Zealand and around the world. They discuss our over-dependence on agriculture vs IP based industries.
- Board level markters must embrace data, tech and finance (mentions the lack of marketers at board level in Fortune 1,000 companies)
- Montoux content brand – Shifting Gears
- Atomic content brand – Design Weekly